After School Program at our Therapy Center
Full Therapeutic Integration Program includes: Sensory Enhancement Therapeutics including Aromatherapy, Music & Movement, Arts & Crafts, Swim&Fun, MedFit Exercise Programs both individualized and group, Community engagement, Vocational trainings with our MedVending, MedMarket and MedOffice programs, Communication Programs, Individualized Table-time and Group Social Skills in a “family” environment. Receives students for services off the school bus! Approved Autism Waiver Program facility.
Vocational Training Support and Job-Readiness Coaching
For our transitioning youths (aged 16 and above), we work with various community partners including the American Red Cross, VisArts Center, Neighborhood Garden/Farm, Farmer’s Markets, Administrative Offices etc. to build individualized skills necessary to graduate to adult services. Our Staff support our Participants to develop job readiness skills not only at the therapy center but in the actual community environments, allowing for full integration with support/coaching.
In-Home and Community One-on-One Assistance
Trained health technicians and respite care providers bring help to our special needs friends in the home and in the community setting. Utilizes specific goals/objectives under a treatment plan to positively impact our students and families. Individualized programs (iBiBos) and individualized social stories (iSoSTs) assistance is provided by our Resource team to track progress and modify needs.
Our experienced special needs professional staff provides consultation for the family members to nurture necessary skills personalized for the specific family. Available services include training in adaptive behavior, cognitive and functional enhancement, daily living activities, augmentative communication devices, special needs technology, nutrition, MedFit exercise regimens, coping skills, stress management, and support for the assessments.
Summer, Winter-break, Spring-break Camps
Our special needs students deserve fun and social interaction during school breaks too! We provide fun-filled day camps for the Summer, Winter and Spring Breaks in our loving therapy center, JIT (Jena’s Integrated Therapeutics). We are completely dedicated to helping your child/youth achieve their very best potential. Our 2015 summer fun theme was get fit with MEDFIT, our 2016 summer fun will be learning teamwork with BOCCE, and our 2017 summer fun theme is planned to be TOSS FUN (we will be using a variety of toss games to build friendships).
Our trained therapy dog teams spends quality therapeutic time on Sunday afternoon with our students. Our teams are led by certified dog training teams with our wonderful trainers and awesome four-legged therapy dogs.
We provide hands on assistance with crafting to train our youth for their vocational future. We showcase the crafts work of our youths serving at the Olney Farmers Market. Our MedVending program is very busy serving four community sites. Our youth work on inventory, packing, refilling, restocking, and computer vocational skills. We are starting our MedGardening vocational training this summer!
Hands touch aromatherapy is provided for both Staff and Participant together with essential oils in hands massage while the diffuser and music soothe and replenish our senses. Special Staff-Participant protocols are in place to accommodate and enhance our special needs population.
Adult Life Planning (ALP)
ALP services provides needed guidance to our youth and their families as they transition to adulthood. Our experienced Transition Specialists are knowledgeable of the many demands of adult life for individuals with special needs. This includes a wide range of services for student including assisting with the linkage to adult services, developing vocational/career skills, utilizing MetroAccess, accessing community resources, and developing a variety of functional living skills needed to maximize independence.
State of Maryland Autism Waiver Program Services for children and youth up 21 years of age
- Family Consultation (FC)
- Intensive Individualized Support Services (IISS)
- Respite Care (RC)
- Therapeutic Integration (TI)
- Adult Life Planning (ALP)
After School and Weekend Programs: Located at the Therapeutic Integration Site
- Saturday M&M (Music and Movement) Program
- Sunday DAS (Dog and Swim group therapies) Program
- Modified Communication Therapeutics
- Vocation Training with Crafting, Community engagement and MedVending Program
- Social Skills with Group Games
- Personalized Programming: IBiBo & iSoSt
- Personalized Fitness Training with MedFit Programs
Department of Disabilities Administration (DDA) Vendor For Self-Directed Services
- Certified Support Brokers to assist development of Individual Plan and Budget and work with the Fiscal Management Services
- Personal Supports Services (previously CSLA) provided by our Direct Support Professionals
- Community Learning Services for Community Integration Adult Day Program
- Pediatrician with over 25 years experience in disabilities issues
- Speech and Language Pathologist with over 30 years experience in providing treatment (PROMPT Services)
- Special Education teachers with a variety of expertise from learning disabilities to autism
- Transition Specialists to assist youth during their transition to adulthood
- Special Needs Assistive Technologist
- Personalized Fitness Training Consultation
- Personalized Autism Programs – Individualized – Binder Box and Social Stories
- Augmentative Communication Device, Software, and Individualized “Space Programming Support”
- Direct Care Intensive Support Technicians and Respite Care Technicians to Assist Home and Community Integration
Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine
The Pediatric Powers Team offers pediatric and adolescent medical services including:
- Pediatric & Adolescent Examinations (Routine and Follow-up)
- Sick Visits and Follow-up Visits
- Childhood and Adolescent Vaccinations following Routine Schedule
- Childhood and Adolescent Vaccinations following Flexible Schedule
- Travel Consultations & Vaccinations
- Behavioral Consultations
- Obesity Consultations
- In-Office Diagnostic Testing including Rapid Strep, Mono and Flu Tests
- and much more